The Combicath is a “Mini-BAL” catheter used for non-bronchoscopic bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) to obtain a lower lung sample for gram stain and culture. The Combicath tip is plugged to avoid excessive contamination in cultures for diagnosis of ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP) to minimize the need for repeat procedures.
- Supports the ability to standardize throughout most patient sizes and age ranges.
- Available in pediatric and adult sizes.
- Easily placed through most ET tube sizes.
- Depth markings on catheter allow for estimation of catheter location.
- Immediate, bedside placement by RTs, RNs, MDs.
- Quick procedure time, < 8-10 minutes.
- Safe and effective with over 15 years of worldwide use